Customer relationship management (CRM) is a term that refers to practices, strategies and technologies that companies use to manage and analyse customer interactions and data throughout the customer lifecycle, with the goal of improving business relationships with customers, assisting in customer retention and driving sales growth.
CRM systems enable businesses to centrally track all their business interactions with their customers, providing insight and adding value to their ongoing relationships.
Why Do You Need CRM?
There are many reasons your company should implement a CRM. Firstly, it will simplify and streamline the processes in your business. It does this by giving each of your staff access to a centralised location for all data. Different departments can have access to individual dashboards allowing each team to fully focus on their specific area. This will allow your staff to maximise their efficiency and improve relationships with your customers.
CRM allows you to develop more leads from sources you no doubt already use. Things like Email Marketing Campaigns, Seminars, Conferences or Trade Shows. After speaking with a prospect, you can assign that lead instantly to a sales rep, so they can speak to the prospect while your business is still fresh in their mind.
The list of reasons could go on and on about why you should use CRM in your business. If you would like to read more, please refer to our blog Hands Up Who Needs CRM? for a more detailed overview. Alternatively, if you would like to get started improving your business right away, Contact Us to find out how we can help!
Today, CRM manages business processes spanning sales, service and marketing creating effective customer interactions.
Sales leaders need solutions that help sales people to stay focused, win faster and build trust.
Marketers are constantly thinking about how they can build their brand, engage with customers 1 to 1 to generate leads, and how they demonstrate the impact of their activities.
Service leaders need solutions to earn customer loyalty, empower agents to do their best and to stay agile to meet business goals.
Given the new social landscape, businesses need to listen everywhere (social, web, news publications, wires) analyse sentiment, drive engagement with customers, fans and critics.
Intelligent Customer Engagement by Microsoft
Customer engagement continues to evolve. Increasingly connected people and things are prompting companies to think differently about how they engage with customers. In a world where consumers are increasingly mobile and social, have 24/7 access to information and options for goods and services, customer experience is an increasingly important ingredient for companies as they win and retain customers. Companies no longer control the dialogue and customers trust opinions from their friends and peers to help them make purchase decisions. And, it’s not just people that are connected. Thanks to the emergence of Internet of Things technologies, now devices and objects are becoming more connected. The data generated from these things, along with data generated from people, presents new opportunities for companies to think about how they can evolve the customer experience.
Microsoft offers a portfolio of customer engagement solutions that help companies develop long-lasting relationships with customers through personalised, proactive and predictive experiences. Dynamics CRM Online is an easy-to-use, cloud-based business solution that enables organisations of all sizes to identify, win and retain customers. Microsoft Dynamics CRM offers a differentiated solution for CRM which is outcome driven, adaptive and intelligent by harnessing the breadth of Microsoft technology.
- Outcome-driven: a user experience with embedded processes that help drive outcomes based on best practices across marketing, sales and service.
- Adaptive: one to one customer engagement with context across customer behavior, channel, history and department
- Intelligent: intelligent customer engagement that is built on trust and knowledge over time – this engagement is personalized, proactive and prediciive
- Productivity with One Microsoft –true end-to-end productivity solutions for customer engagement across CRM, Office 365 & PowerBI
The 4 key themes for Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Guide line of business users is to achieve outcomes based on best practices
- Streamline and automate business processes and use technology as an enabler, not an overhead
- Deliver personalized, proactive and predictive customer experiences built on trust and knowledge over time
Personalised, Proactive & Predictive
- Personalized – understanding who the customer is, the context in which companies are engaging them, and the channel on which they are engaging so that they can deliver the right message or information on the right channel at the right time, and maintain context throughout the customer’s journey. Example – a company’s marketing team could tailor an offer based on their comprehensive understanding of the customer’s past buying behavior, knowledge of people with profiles similar to theirs and the buying habits of those people, and market information that may shed new light on trends relevant to the buyer. By delivering a personalized offer – on the channel or channels that the customer uses – the company stands a greater chance of connecting with that customer in a meaningful way.
- Proactive – gathering information to identify patterns and trends, determining the next best action to take, and ultimately taking action without prompting from the customer. This could be applied in a variety of ways, but one example is the collection and analysis of data coming from a solar panel. In this scenario, the sensor on a solar panel indicates that the panel isn’t operating as efficiently as it should. The anomaly is detected by the company supporting it, and the company proactively sends a technician with the right skills and right tools to fix the problem, all without the customer noticing a problem.
- Predictive – similar to Proactive, here we’re talking about applying machine learning to both internal and external data to identify patterns and predict outcomes, then make recommendations or suggestions for how to optimize. An example of this is Line of Business Sales processes. Through machine learning technology, recommendations for cross-sell or up-sell can be made to a sales person based on an understanding of the characteristics of the current customer, as well as the historical buying patterns of customers with a similar profile. The sales person could make an informed recommendation to the customer that the customer may not have previously considered, which may add value and enhance the customer’s experience with the company.
- Enable employees to remain productive no matter where they are or what device they use
- Full offline mobile on tablet and phone
- Task-centered mobile apps
PRODUCTIVITY WITH MICROSOFT
- Harness the breadth of Microsoft technologies to deliver exceptional customer experiences
- Native integration with familiar tools in Office 365 – activity management (emails, tasks, contacts, appointments) via Outlook; document management & creation with SharePoint, and Word; social in context with Yammer; immersive Excel templates; trending documents with Delve; collaborate more effectively with Office 365 Groups & OneDrive for Business
We offer you free advice throughout your planning phases for the CRM Online implementation.
To book your Set-up training now simply send us your list of training requirements in priority order with suggested dates and times. To arrange a planning call with a consultant to discuss your project needs contact us click here