Have you ever wanted to track an email you’ve sent to a client?
Have you ever wondered if someone has opened your email or viewed an important attachment?
Perhaps you work in sales and feel like you’re wasting half your time chasing cold leads?
Well, now all Dynamics 365 users can track one-to-one emails sent from within CRM- no more excuses from your colleagues for ‘not seeing’ that important email you sent!
The new Email Engagement capability is one of the best-kept secrets of CRM so we’ll walk you through how to set this up…
What are the key features?
Email Engagement can inform you of the best time to send an email based on past performance to a particular contact so you can schedule email sends and set alerts to follow up. Tracking features include:
- Opened message
- Clicked on a link
- Opened an attachment
- Replied to an email
How do I set up Email Engagement
- First, ensure that you have accepted the Preview terms and conditions. This can be found by navigating to Settings – Administration – System Settings then tick Yes to enable Email Engagement. Also, you will need to enable Server Side Sync and Exchange in Dynamics 365 and enable OneDrive for Business in Dynamics 365.
2. Similarly, you will need to enable the email entity which can be found by following Settings – Document Management – Document Management Settings.
3. Then, accept Email Engagement T’s & C’s by going to Setting’s – Relationship Insights to accept and begin setup.
4. Sending an email from Dynamics 365 works independently from your Outlook account so you will need to set up a CRM email account. When you create a new email, from a record they will be automatically tracked unless you select DON’T FOLLOW. You can also manage tracking from a contact’s record under Contact Preferences.
5. You can schedule emails by date and time based on previous email performances in order to catch your recipient at the best time. What’s more, you can set Reminders for yourself to follow up with emails based on an absence of interaction i.e a desired reply isn’t sent or your email remains unopen. It may seem obvious, but remember to schedule your posts and set reminders ahead of sending in order to tailor your tracking.
6. View attachment activity by selecting the Follow Button when you add an attachment. This will be uploaded to OneDrive for Business and you have the option to unfollow whenever you like.
7. In the Relationship Assistant area on your Dynamics 365 landing page, you can view real-time updates of your tracked emails as well as a summary of activities in the new Recipient Activity zone when you view your tracking email.
Start using Dynamics 365 Email Engagement today!
If you would like to discuss the ever-growing functionalities of Dynamics 365 and how it can work for your business, please get in contact via email: email@example.com, call us directly: +44 (0) 1273 921510 or book a free demo here.
These useful tips are exactly the kind of training our Cloud9 Membership team are happy to support you with and set up. Find out more about our different Membership offerings here.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”82px”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/4″][/vc_column][/vc_row]