Today’s business environment is shifting from the traditional model of simply manufacturing and selling products. Supply chains are now global in nature, customers have more options for where to get products, and they need their suppliers to be true business partners. Customers expect these partners to not only provide the right high quality products, at the right time, but also to anticipate their future requirements and to identify changing market trends, whilst meeting and exceeding their needs. The Manufacturing Industry is in transition. Business decision makers now:
- Understand that producing and distributing products in a cost effective manner is no longer enough.
- Realize that manufacturers can’t just cut costs and increase operational efficiencies to get desired profitability goals.
- Recognize that traditional sales models and channels will not allow them to reach business goals.
- See the collaboration between marketing, sales, and service as a key opportunity for improving ability to rapidly grow sales and improve customer loyalty.
- Need better visibility into customer data to be able to effectively manage and prioritize
customer leads/opportunities, drive sales alignment and revenue.
- Value agility and flexibility in being able to respond to changing marketplace requirements.
Manufactures are now looking to go outside of operations; this means branching out in Sales, Service, and Marketing. See below some business benefits of optimising Dynamics CRM for a typical manufacturing organisation across these workstreams:
How can CRM help with Sales?
Improving sales teams’ ability to:
- Collaborate and drive toward desired outcomes to rapidly grow the business and drive sales.
- Drive sales alignment and increase revenue.
- Find new ways to connect sales teams to increase effectiveness and drive greater sales revenue.
Finding new ways to increase employees productivity and proactivity to drive greater sales revenue:
- Make the most of technology investments to reduce risk while finding new business opportunities and allowing sellers to spend as much time with customers as possible.
- Better visibility into customer data—effectively manage and prioritize customer leads/opportunities.
- A trusted sales automation solution with the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) and the best value.
- More insights into trends in their opportunities, pipeline, and customers.
How can CRM help improve service?
The VP of Customer Service needs to optimize service productivity, enabling CSRs to quickly and accurately provide customers with the right answers across all interaction channels and speed issue resolution, resulting in higher customer loyalty.
- Empowering employees – enable CSRs to conduct sales (cross-sell and upsell)
- Increasing business agility – legacy customer service technology currently in place is hindering success.
- Meeting high volume of call demand – difficulties managing interactions across email, phone calls, walk-ups, etc.
- Optimizing multi-channel mix – can’t engage with customers efficiently across all
- Enhancing agent efficiency and collaboration – agents don’t have the tools they need
to exceed customer expectations.
How can CRM help with marketing?
Today’s CMO is playing an increasingly strategic role within the business, collaborating with the VP of Sales to define success metrics in addition to crafting solutions that engage consumers across various channels and devices with the highest return on investment (ROI) possible.
- Driving awareness and customer/prospect engagement – capture prospects with the right information
at the right time on the right channel.
- Gaining data insights to better gauge campaign effectiveness and target marketing activities to prospects based on the stage in the sales cycle – need robust tools that help enable greater customer insight, better targeting capabilities, more qualified leads, and the ability to connect financial performance with specific campaigns.
- Building pipeline and revenue – nurturing leads and scoring to deliver qualified leads to sales.
- Delivering ROI – show revenue from segments based on campaigns and programs, conversion rates, revenue contribution, etc.
Interested in hearing more about our solutions for manufacturing?
Contact us and we can showcase what Dynamics CRM can do for your organisation.
To book your Set-up training now simply send us your list of training requirements in priority order with suggested dates and times. To arrange a planning call with a consultant to discuss your project needs contact us click here